Long Island Chapter Committees
Steering Committee Officers
|Membership Services||Debbie Fox||516-692-4616|
|Community Volunteer||Jeanine Briefel||516-527-5026|
|Events and Programs||Joan Ayoub||516-729 8289|
|Communications||Sue Sham||516-822 8427|
|Contemporary Social Issues||Annette Kosar||631-543-4110|
|Health and Wellness||Charlotte Hollander||
TTN/LI needs you. Please volunteer to participate on one of these important committees. The responsibilities of the various committees are as follows:
Community Volunteer Committee
The Community Volunteer Committee encourages TTN members to give back to the community. The committee works with various community agencies to:
- Organize events relating to volunteering
- Keep members apprised of volunteer opportunities
- Partner with other organizations where appropriate
The Communications Team acts as a liason between Steering and other Committees. The team is comprised of the those working on the newsletter, social media, and the website.
Contemporary Social Issues Committee
The purpose of this committee shall be to identify topics and develop programs that educate chapter members on current social issues.
Our members are the core of TTN LI and the membership committee offers important support for individual members and special interest groups. This committee:
- Personally contacts all new TTN members, as well as women interested in the organization
- Conducts monthly new member teas
- Conducts Connect Now meetings, which assists members in creating or joining special interest or discussion groups. Also gives an overview of TTN for people wishing to join TTN.
- Provides guidance and support during the first three months of a new special interest group.
- Acts as liaison and support to special interest group facilitators/administrators.
- Promotes communication among special interest groups, sharing ideas and opportunities.
Program and Social Events Committee
In addition to looking for great social activities, our members have asked for programs that address a variety of interests and current topics. The committee:
- Identifies and develops ideas for programs
- Works to design programs and workshops that share information
- Stimulate new ideas and conversation among members
- Researches and contacts potential presenters
- Arranges program details such as date, location and cost
- Hosts the event and obtains feedback on the value of the program