Long Island Chapter Committees
|Chair Lindsey Draves 516 359 5664
Secretary Judy Russ 631 864 7078
Community Volunteer Jeanine Briefel 516 527 5026
Contemporary Social Issues Annette Kosar 631 543 4110
Events and Programs Joan Ayoub 516 729 8289
Claudia Cohen 516 236 3987
Health and Wellness Charlottee Hollander 516 873 8709
Membership Services Debbie Fox 516 692 4616
TTN/LI needs you. Please volunteer to participate on one of these important committees. The responsibilities of the various committees are as follows:
The Communications Team acts as a liason between Steering and other Committees. The team is comprised of the those working on the newsletter, social media, and the website.
Community Volunteer Committee
The Community Volunteer Committee encourages TTN members to give back to the community. The committee works with various community agencies to:
- Organize events relating to volunteering
- Keep members apprised of volunteer opportunities
- Partner with other organizations where appropriate
The purpose of this committee shall be to identify topics and develop programs that educate chapter members on current social issues.
Events and Programs Committee
In addition to looking for great social activities, our members have asked for programs that address a variety of interests and current topics. The committee:
- Identifies and develops ideas for programs
- Works to design programs and workshops that share information
- Stimulate new ideas and conversation among members
- Researches and contacts potential presenters
- Arranges program details such as date, location and cost
- Hosts the event and obtains feedback on the value of the program
Our Committee addresses current and relevant topics that engage our members’ well-being; both physically and emotionally. In our current climate of 2020-2021 our vision is upbeat and our topics are related to “Seasons of Self-care”
Our members are the core of TTN LI and the membership committee offers important support for individual members and special interest groups. This committee:
- Personally contacts all new TTN members, as well as women interested in the organization
- Conducts monthly new member teas
- Conducts Connect Now meetings, which assists members in creating or joining special interest or discussion groups. Also gives an overview of TTN for people wishing to join TTN.
- Provides guidance and support during the first three months of a new special interest group.
- Acts as liaison and support to special interest group facilitators/administrators.
- Promotes communication among special interest groups, sharing ideas and opportunities.
Material from www.thetransitionnetwork.org, 20:44:33 April 18, 2021.
Copyright © The Transition Network 2021